Department of English

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Department of English

Welcome to The Department of English at BATNA University

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

A Guide For Creative Thinking

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:12 am by BHSoft

A Guide For Creative Thinking by Brian Tracy
Einstein once said, “Every child is born a genius.” But the reason why most people do not function at genius levels is because they are not aware of how creative and smart they really are.I call it the “Schwarzenegger effect.” No one would look at a person such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and think how lucky he is to have been born with such …

Africain Literature

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:15 pm by Lily

Things Fall Apart is a 1959 English-language novel by Nigerian author Chinua Achebe. It is a staple book in schools throughout Africa and widely read and studied in English-speaking countries around the world. It is seen as the archetypal modern African novel in English, and one of the first African novels written in English to receive global critical acclaim. The title of the novel comes from [url=http://www.answers.com/topic/william-butler-yeats-3]

Algeria's Newspapers ...

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:11 pm by Lily

study study study study

http://www.algeria press.com/
http://www.algeria press.com/alkhabar.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/elwatan.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/echoroukonline.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/elmoudjahid.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/liberte.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/horizons.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/el-massa.htm
[url=http://www.algeria-press.com/ech-chaab.htm]…

Algerian Vote

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm by Lily

Algerians are voting in a presidential election which opposition groups have described as a charade.

Announcements and News _45646939_007133175-1

American English

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:00 pm by Maria

Going to is pronounced GONNA when it is used to show the future. But it is never reduced when it means going from one place to another.

We're going to grab a bite to eat. = We're gonna grab a bite to eat.
I'm going to the office tonight. = I'm going to the office tonight.

2. Want to and want a are both pronounced WANNA and wants to is pronounced WANSTA. Do you want to can also be reduced …

American Slangs

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:54 pm by Maria

airhead: stupid person.
"Believe it or not, Dave can sometimes act like an airhead!"

amigo: friend (from Spanish).
"I met many amigos at Dave's ESL Cafe."

ammunition: toilet paper.
"Help! We're completely out of ammunition!"

antifreeze: alcohol.
"I'm going to need a lot of antifreeze tonight!"

armpit: dirty, unappealing place.

An Introduction to the British Civilization

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am by Maria

University of Batna First Year
English Department G: 6-7-8-9
General Culture

[center]An Introduction to the British Civilization

*The United Kingdom :

Full Name : The UK's full and official name is the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Location: The United Kingdom (UK) of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a country …

Announcements and News

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 am by Lily

Announcements and News QuizPromo-12
"Dear students , we would like to inform you that , from now on , your marks can be consulted through your Website ...Let's surf ! bounce bounce Wink

Applying for Research Study in the Department of English

Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:32 pm by Lily

Applying for Research Study in the Department of English

The process of applying for a research studentship begins with the identification of a potential supervisor. If you already know a staffmember who is willing to work with you to develop a research proposal,please start by contacting them. If you do not have a supervisor inmind already, …

+5
a.karima
28silaqueen
athena_lir
Enrique
Lily
9 posters

Announcements and News

Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 776
    Job/hobbies : University Teacher / Phd Student /Fitness Coach
    Humor : Optimist
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Announcements and News Empty Noam Chomsky In Paris

Post by Lily Mon May 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Announcements and News Chomsky

Dear all ;
    I would like to inform you that Noam chomsky will be in Paris on the 29 th of May ...I 'll be luckier to attend his conferences and try to send you some videos that I'll record and here's his website:
    http://www.chomsky.info/
    These are some of his books
    http://www.chomsky.info/books.htm ..
    so , try to have a look !it's out of charge ..
    Best of luck !
    Your Teacher
    Lynda B
    Paris
    theghostgirl
    theghostgirl

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Job/hobbies : Student of English
    Humor : playful
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

Announcements and News Empty Re: Announcements and News

Post by theghostgirl Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:55 am

Thank you miss. I wish happy Aid for you too and for all the students of English department. we miss you so much.
    Good luck.
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty Aid Moubarek

Post by Lily Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Announcements and News Moz-screenshot-23Announcements and News 109400
    May the blessing of Allah be with you Dear all .
    Aid Moubarek!
    Though I'm far apart but you're always in my heart dear students
    Best Regards!
    Lynda Badache
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Post by Lily Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Dear all ,
    I thank you so much for your emails,I'm very sorry to be late to respond because I'm very busy for the time being ,Paris is not Batna , all the time busy and keep running ...and losing weight "lol" ??
    hope best of luck for all our students participating in the ED of English.
    Miss you so much !
    your Teacher !
    Lynda B
    sweety imi
    sweety imi

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Humor : ambition
    Registration date : 2009-05-11

Post by sweety imi Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:32 pm

oooooh my goodnees you know miss i hope that our departmenmt looks like that coulorful one because ours is in fact full of noise but it misses a lot of life on its walls doors even some teachers whose lessons start to be like a prehistory monuments so think you miss.really i wish you to be our companion in this year miss.......
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty Happy Feast for all

Post by Lily Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:22 am

Dear all ,
    Unfortunately Ramadan has gone away ,tomorrow is our Muslim Feast, We wish you all , happy feast , full of joy , happiness and good health ....Hey !don't eat too much especially cakes !!

Announcements and News 8832_132371426761_630641761_2502181_1122399_n
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty كل عام وانتم بخير

Post by Lily Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Announcements and News Anmar-9e8aa147e8

ورمضان كريم علينا وعليكم
    zahou
    zahou

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-05-12

Post by zahou Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi miss linda
    I am your student(second year) I want just to tell you that you are the best one for me, thank you....
    I hope that's ok for you.Enfin je vous souhaite beaucoup de chance, reussite et beaucoup de bonheur dans votre vie.
    Yours
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty Happy Independence Day

Post by Lily Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:54 pm

This war ended more than 130 years of French colonial rule over Algeria.
    The Algerian war of independence began in the early hours of 1 November 1954 and ended officially on 3 July 1962, when France's President Charles de Gaulle formally renounced his nation's sovereignty over Algeria and proclaimed its independence.The French occupation of Algeria, begun in 1830, led to a colonial situation in which a minority of European settlers and their descendants dominated the Algerian economy. They maintained that domination through monopolies of political power and the means of coercion. During the first half of the twentieth century, a series of initiatives by various indigenous leaderships sought first to secure meaningful political participation for the Muslim majority within the colonial system and later to negotiate autonomy, confederation, or independence. When these efforts provedfruitless, a group of radical young nationalists founded the Comité Révolutionnaire d'Unité et d'Action (CRUA; Revolutionary Committee of Unity and Action), which began, in the spring or summer of 1952, to plan aninsurrection. Six CRUA members, together with three political exiles, are considered the chefs historiques of the Algerian revolution. The CRUA chiefs, led by Mohamed Boudiaf of M'sila, included Moustafa Ben Boulaid, Mourad Didouche, Belkacem Krim, Rabah Bitat, and Larbi Ben M'hidi. The external leaders were Hocine Ait Ahmed, Mohamed Khider, and Ahmed Ben Bella, who later became Algeria's first president.Estimates of the number of militants taking part in the initial insurrection range from nine hundred to about three thousand. It began with attacks on French installations in several parts of the country, but the most effective actions took place in the Aurès region of the southeast. During the ensuing winter, the French managed to contain the insurrection, limiting its manifestations to distant and inaccessible regions. In August 1955, the leadership, concerned that neither the bulk of Algerians nor the European community were taking the insurrection seriously, decided to begin targeting European civilians in some twenty-six localities in the eastern part of the country. As many as 123 people were killed in what were called the Philippeville massacres. In outraged reaction, French forces responded by taking a far larger number of Muslim lives. These events served to polarize the two communities in such a way that a narrowly based insurrection became a nationwide revolution; thousands of men joined guerrilla units, while France rapidly built its own forces into the hundreds of thousands.In its initial proclamation, on 31 October 1954, the CRUA had announced the creation of a Front de Libération Nationale (FLN; National Liberation Front) to which it had invited Algerians of all political persuasions to rally. As a result of the polarization following the events of August 1955, Algerian political classes across a broad ideological spectrum gradually closed down their independent operations and joined the FLN in revolution. By the summer of 1956, only Messali Hadj, long leader of the most radical wing of the Algerian nationalist movement but now bypassed by events, remained outside of the FLN.In order to accommodate the dramatically broadened movement, the revolutionaries organized aclandestine congress in the Soumamm valley of the Kabylia during August and September 1956. It created a broad Conseil National de la Révolution Algérienne (CNRA) to serve as a protoparliament and a Comité de Coordination et d'Éxécution (CCE; Committee of Coordination and Implementation) to bear the executive functions. One of the first decisions of the new executive was to initiate, at the end of September 1956, the urban warfare strategy that became known as the Battle of Algiers. A very visible phase of the war that the French managed to win by the middle of 1957, the recourse to urban warfare brought the war home in a physical way to the majority of Colons, who were urban residents, and attracted the attention of metropolitanFrenchmen and the wider world for the first time to the Algerian situation. Another result of the Battle of Algiers was that the severe French repression drove the top FLN leadership out of the country to Tunis. This in turn generated problems in communications and orientation between the external leadership and the internal mojahedin. These problems caused troublesome divisions within the movement that lasted throughout the war and beyond.Between the fall of 1957 and the spring of 1958, the French army, now grown to roughly 500,000 men, succeeded in bringing most of Algeria under its physical control and was concentrating on limiting cross-border raids by Algerian guerrillas from Morocco and Tunisia. But the military wereapprehensive. They feared that their achievements might be undone by the divided political leadership at home, which was sensitive to the violence involved in pacification and to growing world pressure. Thus, the army, under the leadership of General Jacques Massu and with the enthusiastic support of the colons, proclaimed the creation on 13 May 1958 of a Committee of Public Safety at Algiers. This challenge to government authority brought down the Fourth French Republic and propelled de Gaulle to power as head of the Fifth Republic, pledging an early resolution of the Algerian conflict. By the autumn of 1958, de Gaulle offered Algerians the opportunity of total integration as equals into the French republic, inaugurated a massive plan of economic renewal, and invited the revolutionary troops to join their French compatriots in a "paix des braves."The CCE and the CNRA rejected these terms and, instead, created a Provisional Government of the Algerian Republic (Gouvernement Provisoir de la République Algérienne; GPRA) at Tunis, withFerhat Abbas at its head. From this point on, even though French forces remained in control of most of Algeria, the GPRA campaigned to win world support for Algerian independence. The campaign centered primarily on developing and eastern bloc countries and upon the United Nations. Within a year, de Gaulle began speaking of Algerian self-determination. The war of independence might have ended soon afterward, but there were obstacles. Principal among these was the fate of the Sahara, in which French companies had recently discovered oil. Even more important was the resistance of the colon community, which increasingly found more in common with the military. During 1960 they created a Front de l'Algérie Française in order to fight against independence and in January 1961 the Organisation Armée Secrète (OAS; Secret Army Organization), which eventually led an armed insurrection against French civil authority and launched a campaign of terror against Muslim Algerians.After several abortive attempts at negotiations, the provisional government and France finally signed the Evian Agreement on 18 March 1962, which led to unequivocal independence in July. The war had caused the dislocation from their homes of about 3 million Algerians, the destruction of much social and economic infrastructure, and the deaths of several hundred thousand Algerians. The rebuilding tasks faced by independent Algeria would be formidable.
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty Happy holidays for you all

Post by Lily Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:17 am

Dear All;
    I would like to wish you all happy holidays , have rest after all the hard work you accomplished ...congratulations for the ones who succeeded and very sorry for those who did not ...just have some rest and back to revision to catch up the lost time and I'm pretty sure that you'll succeed ...I wish you great success in your studies and your lives .
    Do not forget to enjoy your holidays and your time ..cause you deserve that.
    Best Regards!
    Your Teacher :
    Lynda B

Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty The final Hours of Jackson's Life

Post by Lily Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:18 am

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty Jackson’s cause of death undetermined

Post by Lily Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:17 am

Announcements and News Nn_01cowan_police_090626.300w
    Jackson’s cause of death undetermined
    LOS ANGELES - The final act of Michael Jackson's life has come into clearer focus, a picture of a fallen superstar working out with TV's "Incredible Hulk" and under the care of his own private cardiologist as he tried to get his 50-year-old body in shape for a grueling bid to reclaim his glory.While the exact circumstances of his death remained unclear, early clues suggested he may simply have pushed himself too far.Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told reporters Friday night that Jackson's body had been transported to a mortuary at around 9:15 p.m. PDT.Jackson's remains had been "moved to an undisclosed location per a family privacy request. There is also a security hold and so I can't discuss the location," Winter said.The autopsy was completed in a matter of hours, but an official cause of death could take up to six weeks while medical examiners await toxicology tests. No funeral plans have been made public.
    Jackson's brother Jermaine has said the pop singer apparently went into cardiac arrest on Thursday, leading to his death.
    Craig Harvey, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County
    coroner, said earlier there were no signs of foul play in the autopsy and further tests would be needed to determine cause of death. He said Jackson was taking some unspecified prescription medication but gave few other details.Police said they had towed the doctor's BMW from Jackson's home because it may include medication or other evidence.Authorities said they spoke with Jackson's private doctor briefly Thursday and Friday and expected to meet with him again soon. Police stressed that the doctor, identified by the Los Angeles Times as cardiologist Conrad Murray, was not a criminal suspect.
    "We do not consider him to be uncooperative at this time," said police Deputy Chief Charlie Beck said. "We think that he will assist us in coming to the truth of the facts in this case."
    As grief for the King of Pop poured out from the icons of music to heartbroken fans, and the world came to grips with losing one of the most luminous celebrities of all time, an autopsy showed no sign of trauma or foul play to Jackson, who died Thursday at UCLA Medical Center after paramedics not could not revive him.
    Desperate 911 call
    Meanwhile, an emergency dispatch call released by fire officials shed light on the desperate effort at the mansion to save Jackson's life before paramedics arrived Thursday afternoon. Jackson died later at UCLA Medical Center.In the recording, an unidentified caller pleads with authorities to send help, offering no clues about why Jackson was stricken. He tells a dispatcher that Jackson's doctor is performing CPR."He's pumping his chest," the caller says, "but he's not responding to anything."
    Asked by the dispatcher whether anyone saw what happened, the caller answers: "No, just the doctor, sir. The doctor has been the only one there."
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty ‘King of Pop" is Dead

Post by Lily Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Autopsy planned after Jackson’s sudden death
    ‘King of Pop’ had been spending many hours preparing for comeback tour

Announcements and News G-cvr-090525-mJackson-524p.h2
    Michael Jackson had been planning to start a series of comeback concerts in London and had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months. Promoters of the shows said in March that he had passed a lengthy physical examination.LOS ANGELES - Michael Jackson, defined in equal parts as the world’s greatest entertainer and perhaps its most enigmatic figure, was about to attempt one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Then his life was cut shockingly — and so far, mysteriously — short.The 50-year-old musical superstar died Thursday, just as [b]he was preparing for what would be a series of 50 concerts starting July 13 at London’s famed 02 arena. Jackson had been spending hours and hours toiling with a team of dancers for a performance he and his fans hoped would restore his tarnished legacy to its proper place in pop.
    An autopsy was planned for Friday, though results were not likely to be final until toxicology tests could be completed, a process that could take several days and sometimes weeks. However, if a cause can be determined by the autopsy, they will announce the results, said Los Angeles County Coroner Investigator Jerry McKibben.
    Police said they were investigating, standard procedure in high-profile cases.Jackson died at UCLA Medical Center after being stricken at his rented home in the posh Los Angeles neighborhood of Holmby Hills. Paramedics tried to resuscitate him at his home for nearly three-quarters of an hour, then rushed him to the hospital, where doctors continued to work on him.“It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of the autopsy are known,” his brother Jermaine said.Cardiac arrest is an abnormal heart rhythm that stops the heart from pumping blood to the body. It can occur after a heart attack or be caused by other heart problems.Jackson’s death brought a tragic end to a long, bizarre,sometimes farcical decline from his peak in the 1980s, when he was popular music’s premier all-around performer, a uniter of black and white music who shattered the race barrier on MTV, dominated the charts and dazzled even more on stage.His 1982 album “Thriller” — which included the blockbuster hits “Beat It,” “Billie Jean” and “Thriller” — is the best-selling album of all time, with an estimated 50 million copies sold worldwide.
    As word of his death spread, MTV switched its programming to play videos from Jackson’s heyday. Radio stations began playing marathons of his hits. Hundreds of people gathered outside the hospital. In New York’s Times Square, a low groan went up in the crowd when a screen flashed that Jackson had died, and people began relaying the news to friends by cell phone.
    BHSoft
    BHSoft

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Humor : Always Happy
    Registration date : 2009-06-09

Post by BHSoft Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:17 pm

I apreciate all your efforts to improve the students' skills to be in touch with all what is new
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Post by Lily Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:20 pm

i said b4 and i repeat it is better if we have all the modules
    Morning :
    I would Like to thank you for your suggestion, I would love too that all teachers display their marks on the website , but it's up to the teachers to do this for their Modules , I can only display my own Marks , but can not decide for the other teachers ...If they want to save time and make a little progress , they 'll certainly do that otherwise ...I'm sorry .
    Best Regards!
    B.L
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty BAC Exam

Post by Lily Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:03 pm

We wish best of Luck for all the Pupils "Futur Students"passing the "Bacalaureat Exam" , and for all our students who are condidates .Make your Best please , cause it's just a matter of three days and you'll enjoy rest afterwards.
    Once again , Best of luck for all the candidates .
    Lynda B
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty SOS Students !

Post by Lily Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Dear Students ;
    I have just started correcting the papers , I was broad and have just come back , please be patient , you'll see your marks once I finish correcting them.
    N.B:
    All posts put on "the students marks "will be deleted !You've got where to put your suggestions and comments and I'll read them.Sorry for that !
    Best Regards!
    Your Teacher :
    Lynda B
    28silaqueen
    28silaqueen

Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-06-04

Post by 28silaqueen Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:24 pm

please how we know our marks from the site,help me!
    a.karima
    a.karima

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-06-01

Post by a.karima Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 am

good luck in your life .you are the best teacher in our department
    28silaqueen
    28silaqueen

Female
    Registration date : 2009-06-04

Post by 28silaqueen Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:25 pm

thank you so much our teacher,nice holiday in -Paris-
    Enrique
    Enrique

Male
    Humor : like my father
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

Post by Enrique Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:31 pm

thanks my best teacher I wish from the god to help and protect you in your journey
    athena_lir
    athena_lir

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Humor : Romantic
    Registration date : 2009-04-28

Post by athena_lir Sun May 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Thank you very much, I wish the best of luck for all my classmates,and I wish that you're spending good moments in Paris![i]
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty Best of luck from Paris

Post by Lily Sun May 31, 2009 11:13 am

To all my second year students ;
    I Wish you best of luck in Phonetics today's exam !
    With love and respect !
    Your Teacher !
    Badache Lynda
    Enrique
    Enrique

Male
    Humor : like my father
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

Post by Enrique Sun May 24, 2009 3:28 am

we are very lucky to have a teacher like you and so gratful also for all the teachers of batna"s university
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Announcements and News Empty Happy Students'' Day

Post by Lily Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Happy Students 'day to all the Algerian Students and especially those of Batna University .Wish you a good day , and happy life full of success and prosperity in your Studies.
    Best Regards and Wishes
    Your Teacher
    B.L

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content