Department of English

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Department of English

Welcome to The Department of English at BATNA University

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

A Guide For Creative Thinking

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:12 am by BHSoft

A Guide For Creative Thinking by Brian Tracy
Einstein once said, “Every child is born a genius.” But the reason why most people do not function at genius levels is because they are not aware of how creative and smart they really are.I call it the “Schwarzenegger effect.” No one would look at a person such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and think how lucky he is to have been born with such …

Africain Literature

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:15 pm by Lily

Things Fall Apart is a 1959 English-language novel by Nigerian author Chinua Achebe. It is a staple book in schools throughout Africa and widely read and studied in English-speaking countries around the world. It is seen as the archetypal modern African novel in English, and one of the first African novels written in English to receive global critical acclaim. The title of the novel comes from [url=http://www.answers.com/topic/william-butler-yeats-3]

Algeria's Newspapers ...

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:11 pm by Lily

study study study study

http://www.algeria press.com/
http://www.algeria press.com/alkhabar.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/elwatan.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/echoroukonline.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/elmoudjahid.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/liberte.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/horizons.htm
http://www.algeria-press.com/el-massa.htm
[url=http://www.algeria-press.com/ech-chaab.htm]…

Algerian Vote

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm by Lily

Algerians are voting in a presidential election which opposition groups have described as a charade.

BBC International Channels _45646939_007133175-1

American English

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:00 pm by Maria

Going to is pronounced GONNA when it is used to show the future. But it is never reduced when it means going from one place to another.

We're going to grab a bite to eat. = We're gonna grab a bite to eat.
I'm going to the office tonight. = I'm going to the office tonight.

2. Want to and want a are both pronounced WANNA and wants to is pronounced WANSTA. Do you want to can also be reduced …

American Slangs

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:54 pm by Maria

airhead: stupid person.
"Believe it or not, Dave can sometimes act like an airhead!"

amigo: friend (from Spanish).
"I met many amigos at Dave's ESL Cafe."

ammunition: toilet paper.
"Help! We're completely out of ammunition!"

antifreeze: alcohol.
"I'm going to need a lot of antifreeze tonight!"

armpit: dirty, unappealing place.

An Introduction to the British Civilization

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am by Maria

University of Batna First Year
English Department G: 6-7-8-9
General Culture

[center]An Introduction to the British Civilization

*The United Kingdom :

Full Name : The UK's full and official name is the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Location: The United Kingdom (UK) of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a country …

Announcements and News

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 am by Lily

BBC International Channels QuizPromo-12
"Dear students , we would like to inform you that , from now on , your marks can be consulted through your Website ...Let's surf ! bounce bounce Wink

Applying for Research Study in the Department of English

Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:32 pm by Lily

Applying for Research Study in the Department of English

The process of applying for a research studentship begins with the identification of a potential supervisor. If you already know a staffmember who is willing to work with you to develop a research proposal,please start by contacting them. If you do not have a supervisor inmind already, …

BBC International Channels

Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 776
    Job/hobbies : University Teacher / Phd Student /Fitness Coach
    Humor : Optimist
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

BBC International Channels Empty Your daily English lesson

Post by Lily Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:58 pm

BBC International Channels EOM305-med
    Your daily English lesson
    Enjoy your daily dose of interactive english.
    TODAY'S TOPIC: English for Talking about First Impressions
    BBC International Channels Play
    Press to start
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Post by Lily Sun May 24, 2009 11:37 pm

BBC International Channels EOM51-med
    TODAY'S TOPIC: English for Making a Good Impression
    BBC International Channels Play Press to start
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

BBC International Channels Empty BBC Learning English

Post by Lily Sat May 23, 2009 12:09 am

BBC Learning English
    London Chocolate Week
    Yvonne: Hello, I'm Yvonne Archer and this is London Life from bbclearningenglish.com
    [b]Now don't get me wrong,chocolate's great but I seem to be one of the few people who can live without it. Here are some of the reactions I got about the news of London ChocolateWeek. It seems that chocolate may be magical – so try to catch the specialchocolate term that one person uses to describe herself and her family!
    Oh I think that's a great idea to have a chocolate week – ooh that's very nice! I mean I like chocolate, I don't absolutelyadore it but I do, I have to say I'm very fond of it.
    I do like chocolate, I could say I love chocolate. Oh I love chocolate, especially very, very dark chocolate –very expensive chocolate – I love it. I come from a family of chocoholics.
    [b]Yvonne: Cath's from a family of 'chocoholics' – a whole family of people who are addicted to chocolate! So they must have it – and they reallycan’t do without it.
    Cath enjoys very, very dark chocolate – so chocolate that's made with lots of cocoa and that reminded mehow much I enjoy the odd bit of white chocolate… chocolate with just a littlebit of cocoa. So what's Nuala's reaction to that?
    Nuala Ooh no, oooh - I hate white chocolate. Ooh, it just gives me the creeps. No, I have to lick my teeth justto get the taste away.
    Yvonne: No white chocolate for Nuala's birthday then! She hates it so much that it gives her 'the creeps' – it gives her a very unpleasant feelingwhen it's in her mouth.
    Nuala says she has to ‘lick her teeth’ after eating white chocolate – rub her tongue over her teeth to take the taste away as quickly as possible. Oh well, more for me then!
    Mark du Market, a chocolatier –a chocolate maker – explains what he thinks are the best chocolates. Listen out for how they're made and for a very special ingredient that can't be grown orbought…
    Mark du Market I would say it's the hand-made chocolate using the best beans and ask your chocolatiers, where do you sourceyour chocolates from? You don't just want to look at the percentage; you wantto see that the beans are of good quality and that there's passion behind it.
    Yvonne: Mark thinks that the best chocolates are made by hand rather than by a machine.
    He says we should ask our chocolatiers where the cocoa beans come from – as he put, where they 'source'the beans – as well as how much is used in the chocolate. So, is there a highpercentage of cocoa in the chocolate? But did you also notice that Mark saysthere should be 'passion' behind making chocolates?So the best chocolates are made by people who love making them.
    The ancient Aztecs from South America discovered chocolate and thought of the cocoa tree as a source ofwealth and strength. They used the beans like money but also crushed them andmixed them with spices to make a type of bitter- tasting hot chocolate drink.So it was very different to the sweet hot chocolate that we enjoy today.But that's history and London Chocolate Week is all about what's new in the world of chocolate. So have ourfriends made any recent discoveries? Try to catch the different types ofchocolate they mention:
    My favourites I think are orange dark chocolate and I also really like butterscotch chocolate.
    Pepper and chocolate – wonderful combination – delicious. Cadmium tastes really nice, lavender tastes very good,rosemary, thyme, oregano…I think organic chocolate is something that's quite new and that seems to be very delicious.
    Yvonne: Well, as delicious as organic, fruity or even herb flavoured chocolates are, people still feel as though they shouldn't eat it?Try to catch the three main reasons why…
    Chocolate is not very good to me. Not only does it make me put on weight and is bad for my teeth but it also,and believe it or not and I'm a man in my 50s - but I still get spots when Ieat chocolate.
    Well I suppose because it's fattening and I suppose people do say it's quite good for you. They say it's good for the heart andgood for the blood but I suppose I do still have in the back of my mind thatit's a bit too indulgent and I shouldn't really be doing it.
    Yvonne: Do you also find chocolate 'too indulgent' – it's so enjoyable that you sometimes you eat more of it than is good for you? And didyou catch the three main reasons why Kaz and Cath try not to eat too muchchocolate? We heard how it makes them 'put on weight' - 'it's fattening'. Wealso heard how it's bad for our teeth – because chocolate is made with lots ofsugar. And poor Kaz says that chocolate still gives him spots – something thatmainly young people get!
    But somehow, I doubt that Kaz or Cath will ever stop eating their beloved chocolate.So here's some good news: there are scientific reports which say that eating chocolate is good for the heartand that the husk of the beans – that’s the shell that covers each bean - mightbe good for cleaning our teeth!

Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Post by Lily Fri May 15, 2009 4:47 pm

BBC International Channels EOM243-med
    TODAY'S TOPIC: Talking about what you saw on TV in English
    BBC International Channels PlayPress to start
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

BBC International Channels Empty Daily English lesson

Post by Lily Sun May 10, 2009 12:08 am

Listen & Read
    BBC International Channels HorLine
    BBC International Channels EOM166-med Ken asked Helli for some advice about a new girl that he had met. Helli really wants to help her friend. Do you like offering advice to your friends?

BBC International Channels Lesson_leftGo to lessonBBC International Channels Button_right

Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

Post by Lily Fri May 08, 2009 9:41 pm

BBC International Channels EOM218-med
    TODAY'S TOPIC: How to sound cool in English

BBC International Channels Play Press to start
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

BBC International Channels Empty The BBC International Commercial TV Channels

Post by Lily Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:27 pm

For more information on any of the channels, click on the links below.

BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_world
    BBC World News

The BBC's commercial international 24-hour news and information channel.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_america
    BBC America

Bringing award-winning television to the United States.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_prime
    BBC Prime

The BBC's general entertainment channel which is available across Europe, Middle east and Africa.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_canada
    BBC Canada

Featuring award-winning comedies, gritty dramas and lifestyle shows.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_kids
    BBC Kids (Canada)

Showcasing the best children’s programming from the UK and Canada for ages 0 - 12 and BBCK, an exclusive block for Canadian teens.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_food
    BBC Food

The channel is dedicated to food, showcasing the very best culinary programmes from across the globe.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_entertainment
    BBC Entertainment

BBC Entertainment is the brand new entertainment channel, showcasing the best of British comedy and drama.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_ap
    Animal Planet

Featuring wildlife programmes, action-adventure, compelling real-life dramas and human and animal encounters.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_pa
    People+Arts

For viewers in Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula, People+Arts features real-life drama, human stories and thrillers.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_uktv
    UKTV Australia

Australia's general entertainment channel dedicated to the best of British television.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_knowledge
    BBC Knowledge

BBC Knowledge showcases award winning non-fictional and documentary programming from the BBC and other independent production houses.
    BBC International Channels Tv_bbc_lifestyle
    BBC Lifestyle

BBC Lifestyle provides a viewer’s guide to getting the most out of life, serving up six programming strands and offering a truly international window on the world.
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

BBC International Channels Empty Re: BBC International Channels

Post by Lily Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/worldservice/meta/tx/live_news?size=au&bgc=003399&lang=en-ws&nbram=1&nbwm=1
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/schedules/internet/wsradio_today.shtml
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/index.shtml
    http://www.jango.com/music
    http://www.windowsmedia.com/radiotuner/MyRadio.asp
    http://www.radioblogclub.com
    BBC Radio - World Service
    Listen to radio with an international focus
    BBC World Service - World Service
    World Service Navigation

• Home News Business Documentaries Arts & Culture Find a Programme Radio Schedules Interact Presenters
      Related BBC Sites
    • News
    • Sport
    • Languages
    • Weather
    • Learning English
    • BBC World Service Trust
      Miscellaneous Links
    • Text only
    • Accessibility Help
    • Radio Home
      Listen Live
      Credit villains Lahore attack Charles Darwin Indonesia
      Credit villains
      BBC International Channels 090305111821_assign_credit303
      The real credit villains?
      One set of organizations – credit rating agencies - gave financial institutions a false confidence to buy assets. For Assignment, Mark Gregory asks are the Credit Rating Agencies the real credit crisis villains?
      Listen 23 mins
      Lahore attack
      BBC International Channels 090304122504_lahore_303
      Lahore aftermath
      BBC correspondents look at the challenges facing the Pakistani authorities following the assault on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.
      Listen to World Briefing (59 mins)
      Charles Darwin
      BBC International Channels 090102darwin_303
      In Darwin’s Shadow
      Steve Jones examines the contradiction between Darwin’s theory of evolution and our desire to conserve threatened species. Can we marry the two to enhance the plant and animal populations of the world?
      Listen 26 mins 30 secs Download (mp3)
    • Indonesia
      BBC International Channels 090226143523_tsunami_aceh303x170
      Indonesian Journeys
      Anita Barraud explores how peace and democracy is working in Aceh, a region that has endured dictatorship, decades of war and the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami.
      Listen 23 mins Download (mp3)
      Battle of the pits
      It's 25 years ago today since Britain's coal miners began their year-long strike against Margaret Thatcher's plans to reorganise their industry.
      Listen 7 mins 11 secs More news programmes
      From BBC News site
      BBC International Channels _45536771_006975327-1
      Bashir vows to defy Darfur charge More stories from BBC News
      Bulletins
      Listen to News Bulletin Listen to Business Bulletin Listen to Sport Bulletin

Last edited by Lily on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lily
    Lily
    Admin

Female

BBC International Channels Empty BBC International Channels

Post by Lily Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Music and Radio :Join a Music and Radio blog and take part to the best blogs communities offered by sosblog.com.
    Web Sosblog.com
    Electronics Jazz, Blues Rap Various...Hip Hop Pop, Varieties Rock, Punk, Alternative

Last edited by Lily on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

BBC International Channels Empty Re: BBC International Channels

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm